Posted by Preston Ƶen on Nov 21, 2018 (OLD SITE POST)
This guide is for those who want a fast guide to navigate the mini rat race called college. Get to the goal as fast as you can or at least know what you are doing. You can enjoy the sights but don’t get lost in all the bullshit and bureaucracy.
- Choose classes that you know that you can attend.
- Lookup teachers on Rate my Professor. With this, you can have an idea if you might like the teacher teaching the course or not.
- Plan your schedule with a calendar so you can get an overview of what your schedule looks like.
- Make sure that events aren’t too close to each other. 30 minutes in between events is a good amount of time as a buffer.
- ONLY BUY TEXTBOOKS IF ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!!! Lots of content is readily available online and on YouTube. Ask the Professor if you can use any alternatives if possible. This is to prevent you from having a ton of books stacked up.
- RENT TEXTBOOKS. Literally, go to Amazon and rent that stuff. Don’t buy it cause chances are you won’t look back on the books after the semester or term ends. If you REALLY like the subject then it makes sense to keep the book to look back on but only if you know yourself.
- Make study Groups. Literally, life-saving if you do not have the self-drive to do things on your own. This is the fucking life hack to get shit done. If you are more disciplined then libraries and coffee shops are your friends since all distractions will be at a minimal and you can get your work done.